Most To Least Funniest Signs (Don’t Get Offended)
Scorpio (Dark Humor)
So @TheCapitolPN tweeted this
which was promptly deleted. (G-Bb-A-D are the notes to Rue’s whistle.)
But if you had clicked inspect element before it was deleted
"You silence our voices, but we are still heard."
HOW COOL IS THIS MARKETING?!?! Like the rebels are hacking into the capitol’s twitter!!!!
Washoe was a chimp who was taught sign language.
One of Washoe’s caretakers was pregnant and missed work for many weeks after she miscarried. Roger Fouts recounts the following situation:
"People who should be there for her and aren’t are often given the cold shoulder—her way of informing them that she’s miffed at them. Washoe greeted Kat [the caretaker] in just this way when she finally returned to work with the chimps. Kat made her apologies to Washoe, then decided to tell her the truth, signing "MY BABY DIED." Washoe stared at her, then looked down. She finally peered into Kat’s eyes again and carefully signed "CRY", touching her cheek and drawing her finger down the path a tear would make on a human (Chimpanzees don’t shed tears). Kat later remarked that one sign told her more about Washoe and her mental capabilities than all her longer, grammatically perfect sentences." 
more about Washoe:
after the death of her children, researchers were determined to have Washoe raise a baby and brought in a ten month chimpanzee named Loulis. one of the caretakers went to Washoe’s enclosure and signed “i have a baby for you.” Washoe became incredibly excited, yelling and swaying from side to side, signing “baby” over and over again. then she signed “my baby.”
the caretaker came back with Loulis, and Washoe’s excitement disappeared entirely. she refused to pick Loulis up, instead signing “baby” apathetically; it was clear that the baby she thought she was getting was going to be Sequoyah. eventually Washoe did approach Loulis, and by the next day the two had bonded and from then on she was utterly devoted to him.
*information shamelessly paraphrased from When Elephants Weep by Jeffrey Masson.
Even more interestingly, after Washoe and Loulis bonded, she started teaching him American Sign Language the same way that human parents teach their children language. It only took Loulis eight days to learn his first sign from Washoe, and aside from the seven that his human handlers learned around him, he learned to speak in ASL just as fluently as Washoe and was able to communicate with humans in the same way she could.
now if y’all don’t think this is the tightest shit you can get outta my face
reblog for the commentary
I’m fucking crying rn
sarah paulson switching the name cards so tatiana could sit next to her
Scents and Scentsibilities, Part II: Son Of Scentsibilities
SO ever since I did that first perfume post, literally one thousand years ago, I have been meaning to get into some other faves. there are SO MANY WONDERFUL PERFUMES IN THIS WORLD and i want everyone to try them on and find one that they like. QUICK SAMPLING TIPS:
- look, if you have a sample of something, you might as well just try it on. I have said this before, but like, you just don’t ever know what your skin is going to do with any given perfume. It could be something really wonderful and delicious and unexpected and then you will spend the rest of your afternoon in a swoon of delight at your own magical science body.
- Unfortunately this works both ways. Like, all the rainy, delicious ozonic perfumes I love in the bottle and want to wear, like Black March and Odeur 53, smell thin and chemically shrieky on me. Ugh. Tough life.
- You can try on 4 perfumes at any time: right inner wrist, left inner wrist, right inner elbow, left inner elbow. Spray, then smell one. Write down whether you liked it or not. (I like to draw a little face that communicates my feelings.)
- Take long breaks in between traveling the circuit of these smells or you will get stressed out and your confused nose will be like UGH FUCK YOU WHAT THE HELL and then it will go take a nap and not be able to smell anything for a couple of hours.
- unless it’s truly gross, LEAVE IT ON and let it marinate. A good perfume will smell different in 20 minutes! And then different again in two hours! Everything changes, nothing is permanent, perfume fugit, it’s amazing.
- If it is truly gross, wash it with soap and water. Second resort is a cotton ball soaked in alcohol; third resort, laundry detergent. that one works.
- oh and ps watch out for labels!! Perfumes that are labeled like they should be versions of the same thing can be WILDLY different. The most important difference is probably between an eau de toilette (EDT) and an eau de parfum (EDP), elaborated here, but the names are a fuckin nightmare too sometimes. Like, “Michael Kors” is not the same as “Michael by Michael Kors” OR “Kors by Michael Kors” and neither one is the same as “Very Michael Kors.” Burberry Brit is barely related to Burberry Brit Sheer.
- I don’t know why. Just accept it.
OKAY COOL GOOD OVERVIEW NOW LET’S TALK ABOUT SOME OF MY FAVES.
SDCC 2014 - Nerd HQ
Don Featherstone, creator of the pink plastic lawn flamingo.